You got to make sure that you do the necessary research if you want to find the best residential architects in Sydney. If there are any homes near you which appeal to you, could always ask their owners to recommend their architect. You can also search for Architects on online data bases. However before you hire an architect make sure that they are registered with the architect Registration Board.
The following is a list of things that you should keep in mind when looking for residential architects:
- Before you go about hiring the best residential architects in Sydney you need to make sure what kind of architect they are. Do you need someone to make your home look more creative and add some extra space to your home or would you just want somebody who is willing to work along with your ideas and give their valuable input.
- Make sure that the architect you hire is familiar with the planning permission and building control. You don’t want your project to get into trouble with the local planning board.
- If budget is an issue you might need to go for an architect who is good at managing cost and does not try to make expensive changes in the contract.
Choosing the best residential architect in Sydney
If you have already shortlisted architects with the help of the above mentioned tips, it is necessary that you contact at least three or four of the Architects on your list. Get to know if they have the time to work on your project. Hiring an architect is easier with the help of the following steps:
- When you visit in architect do brief them about the kind of work which needs to be done and also provide them with your budget to know whether they would be willing to work on it. The briefing that you provide needs to be more precise and clear so that things can be easy from the beginning only.
- Ask them to show you the portfolio. It is also a good idea to take a look at the website or if possible visit the houses which they have designed.
- When you are in a meeting with them do consider the way they talk to you. Do you feel confident in their abilities. Are they answering all your queries? Do consider the fact that the project might take a long time and you would be in constant touch with your architect. You should only choose someone whom you feel comfortable with.
- Get to know how they charge the fee. Some Architects charge by the hour while others my charge a flat fees.
- Get to know how involved they are going to be in your project. There are some architect you also like to be involved in the detailing as well.
- Once you have talked to architects in your list it is time to make a comparison. Consider the fees which each of them are asking.
Keeping the above-mentioned tips in mind would help you find the best residential architects in Sydney.